Matcha Azuki red bean swiss roll – one of my favourite cakes and also very simple to make. The combo of fresh cream and red beans is just perfect.
- 4 eggs (room temp)
- 8 tsp granulated sugar
- 8 tsp cake flour
- 2 tsp matcha powder
- 250ml double cream (whipped)
- 1/2 tbsp granulated sugar
- Canned Azuki red beans
1. Whisk eggs and sugar on the highest speed for 10 minutes. If the eggs are not at room temperature, you can whisk them over a double boiler but make sure you whisk or it will cook.
2. Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
3. Sift the cake flour with the matcha powder half at a time and mix on low for 1 min.
4. Spread evenly on a rectangular pan and drop a few times to release the air bubbles.
5. Bake at 180 degrees for 12 mins or until a toothpick comes out cleanly when poked.
Happy baking 🙂