Hello, just finished my final exam earlier 😀 Here is a recipe which for a yummy light japanese cheesecake – you can make it a matcha flavoured one or chocolate which I have yet to try but will do in the future. Very simple to make but the oven temperature is crucial for this one, I am using a fan oven so the temperate may vary for other types.
View the video of me making the cake: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeV7rpTBiUM&t=2s
- 220g cream cheese (room temperature)
- 220ml milk
- 55g flour
- 4 egg yolks
- 1tsp Vanilla extract
- 4 egg whites
- 80g sugar
- In a bowl, add in the cream cheese and milk and whisk. Then whisk in the egg yolks two at a time then the vanilla extract and whisk till combined.
- Next, whisk up the egg whites adding in the sugar a little at a time till the egg whites is at a stiff peak where you can turn the bowl upside down and the meringue won’t drop out.
- Preheat the oven to 140 degrees.
- Line the cake tin with baking paper making sure it is at least 5cm above the actual tin’s height and wrap the outside with two pieces of foil making sure there are no holes.
- In 3 batches, fold the egg whites into the cream cheese mixture till there are no white patches. Then pour into the prepared cake tin.
- Prepare a tray with hot water filled half way up and place the cake tin in it then bake for 40 minutes at 140 degrees. 120 degrees for the last 20 minutes. Turn off the oven and leave for a further 20 minutes inside the oven.
- Cool completely before serving, even better – refrigerate for an hour once it is fully cooled.
Happy baking 😀 Here is a video of me preparing one: https://www.instagram.com/p/BGE8BBCryEH/?taken-by=rayscafe